Our work of research and education to promote conservation of endangered species and all life in the lower Bay of Fundy is made possible by your donations.
Corporate and individual donations are our life’s blood, as is our Species Adoption program. All donations receive tax deductible receipts.
You can choose how your money is put to work by directing where you want it utilized when you donate.
Donations are administrated through Canada Helps, a respected, low-cost charitable donations agency with an impeccable reputation and track record of excellent work.
Our streamlined, no waste operation carries very low overheads, and our Senior Scientists and Research Assistant volunteer their time, skills and knowledge carrying on the legacy of responsible fiscal stewardship of the Station.
Since 1981, the Grand Manan Whale & Seabird Research Station has been actively engaged with research aimed at ensuring the long-term survival and proliferation of marine life in the Lower Bay of Fundy. Key projects have included:
– The Harbour Porpoise Release Program
– The North Atlantic Right Whale travel, feeding and habitat research study which took place over a period of more than thirty years, and was largely responsible for the relocation of the shipping lanes in the Bay
– The movements and diving behaviour of basking sharks as they transit in and out of the bay
– A long-term project examining changes to the abundance and energetic value of the zooplankton population in the Bay
– A long-term study of the effects of climate change on the reproductive biology of lobsters and how that may impact the fishery
– Year-round monitoring of the seawater temperatures in the Bay in the context of climate change and how it is impacting the biological life of the Bay.
The Bay of Fundy is one of the world’s most unique ecosystems, featuring some of the highest tides in the world. It is also the summer home of many of the great whales including Finback, Minke, Humpback and North Atlantic Right Whales. Climate change, fishing gear and shipping create life-threatening hazards for all marine mammals. When you donate to the Grand Manan Whale & Seabird Research Station, you help our scientists and researchers in their ongoing efforts to create sustainable solutions to these conflict to help ensure not only the survival, but also the proliferation of the life of the Bay of Fundy.
Our Species Adoption Program is a unique and simple way to help the marine mammals and seabirds of the Lower Bay of Fundy.
Whether you’re an individual, family, group or business we are always pleased to work directly with you to develop customised giving that meets your charitable goals.
There’s no idea too small or too large to bring us. You’ll find we have an enthusiastic and collaborative approach to working with you until you’re happy with your customised giving program.
Start by sending us an email outlining your concept, and letting us know how to reach you. To begin, just click the button below.